PLEASE HELP!!!

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM

So i'm sure by now everyone in hip-hop history has taken a standpoint on the musical battle of Good vs. Evil which took place in 2001. If you had any taste what so ever you already know that Nas delivered a smooth knock out to the entire cockafella squad. I'm no dick rider because to be honest i only listened to Nas's stillmatic as a defense to Jay who was at the time my favorite rapper. My 12 year old ears tried to deceive me by declaring Jay the winner for having the most responses although my 23 year old ears have better hearing so the wool has been removed from my senses.
That very same year my irresponsible older brother got a 16 year old girl named Jeanette pregnant. He introduced me to his baby's mother, and I with my egotistical 12 year old mind suggested if the baby was a girl they should name it after me, and if it was a boy they should name him Nasir. Nas had delivered that punch to cockafella but it landed in my soul and i knew that it would stick with me until the end of time....
boy was i right, and 6 months later a not so healthy baby boy was born on Dec 16, 2001, his mother named him Nasir with his obvious nickname being Nas. I never got to hold him until he was 11 months old, and he wasn't fond of me and nor was i of him. But things change over time. He became one of my favorite people in the world, kind of like a best friend if you will. He's 10 now and guess what? He wants to be a rapper, and because i had the same undernourished goal for years of my life I've decided to train him to the best of my abilities. My reasoning for not chasing my dream has to do with the devils you encounter when seeking fame. Im naturally a good person so i could nevver make the sacrifices needed for fame, but my nephew already knows and is being taught not to seek fame, but to educate, like his mentor Nas. It would mean a bunch to both of us if readers could help garner some attention to this because i would really like for Nasir to if anything meet this man whom he looks up to. Nas kind of prohesized if you will with the song Queens get the money off the Nigger album...and by the if you aint got that or life is Good get off this post and get it right now...real niqquh shyt
-RiSE

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Ezekiel 33, Peace be unto All Be blessed continue to nourish and withstand Evil wickedness. Peace young brother Be Blessed

2. Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I am new to the forum and to the site. The question(s) I have are this:
    Have you learned much about emotional intelligence and how what you think impacts others around you?
    Have you been able to focus on adding value in the lives of others?
    Have you learned about duality and the power of knowing how things in life are impacted by our plus entity or our minus entity?
    The answer is not in front of you, it is deep within you!

Newsletter Signup