Your Favorite Nas album?

Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Mine is of course illmatic but if yours is illmatic, what is your next favorite?

ill go with: It Was Written.
X-Clan Hair with Dreads at the top of my fade.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

SlyBeGone wrote:
    My personal favorite would have to be... *drum role* "God's Son". In my opinion a perfectly balanced album, to me this is Nas in his artistic prime. So many gems, its undeniable, "Dance", "Heaven" and then counters with "Warriors", and "Mastermind". Not to mention the beautiful visuals that "Thugs Mansion" brought us, its as if Pac was right there in the booth with him. Every ghetto school was playing "I Can" during assemblys and talent shows at that time, taking nothing away from the genius of the song itself. Combine that with the radio success that was "Made You Look" and you get... Simply a classic.

I agree about God's Son... Definitely one of my favorites. Although my favorite Nas album after Ilmatic would have to be It Was Written.

2. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:19 AM

The Lost Tapes, Stillmatic, and "Untitled"

3. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

"illmati" is still my fav...ALL 10 tracks still knock! Nas killed it on NY state of mind.
    Then "It Was Written"... indeed another classic

4. RE: Your Favorite Nas album?

Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Illmatic stillmatic it was written street disciples

5. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

My favorite Nas album will always be I Am...Just personal album for me. It was the first Nas album ever heard completely back in 99 with DMX. NYC was popping.

6. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Illmatic, It Was Written, Lost Tapes, Stillmatic, I Am

7. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

iLLmatic and It Was Written!
    Can't wait for that Life is Good album
    Really want him to collab with AZ and Preemo!!

8. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Illmatic
    Stillmatic
    It Was Written
    Gods Son
    Streets Disciple
    Untitled
    Hip Hop Is Dead
    I Am..
    Nastradamus

9. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

After "Illmatic," I must say that my favorite Nas album is "It Was Written." “It Was Written” shows Nas evolving into more than just a project poet and developing a sense of vision and creativity as an artist. ‘Street Dreams,’ ‘I Gave You Power,’ ‘Black Girl Lost,’ and ‘If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)’ are all great songs from all aspects (production, lyrics, melody, etc.). While “It Was Written” was not as concise as I wanted it to be, it is still a near perfect studio album with great lyrics and great production as a backdrop for said lyrics. Also, Nas’ third verse on ‘Nas Is Coming’ is bonkers and a credit to his lyrical dexterity as well as raw, rap ability.

10. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

God Son
    The Lost Tapes
    Stillmatic
    Illmatic
    It Was Written
    Streets Disciple
    I Am...
    Nastradamus

It really depends on what kinda vibe/story I wanna hear...
    Killuminati
    "The prophecy delivered 2 the lost, by the lost,
    The chosen wordz 4 the chosen
    People who think with their third eye,
    And feel with their heart-live"
    TruthAboutTupac.com

11. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Distant Relatives with Damian Marley (Untitled is not far behind)

I don't think anyone, even Nas himself expressed truly what they felt and truly addressed issues like he in those 2 albums... An musically, Distant Relatives created a new sound that has never been heard before, we in Africa associate with it, but we've always been afraid to add hip hop to it... I think Nas bringing that element to it made us all realize that authenticity comes from being honest with oneself... lol

12. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

TheListener wrote:
    It Was Written - CLASSIC 5
    Illmatic - Stillmatic (TIE) CLASSIC 5
    God's Son - & I Am (TIE) 4.6 out 5
    N*GGA 4.5 outa 5
    Street's Disciple 4 outa 5
    Hip Hop Is Dead 4 outa 5
    Nastradamus 3 outa 5

This right here!

13. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I would say "It Was Written".I've always been amazed be Nas's storytelling abilities & I think Nas was at his best on It Was Written.The way he was able to bring human characteristics to a gun on "I Gave You Power" & "The Message" has to be one of my favorite Nas songs of all time."Illmatic" is close but "It Was Written" is my favorite Nas masterpiece

14. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

God Son, the song mastermind still can take me there,Nas spits truth everytime heaven is also a fav.2)Untitled Life is Good is coming close as a fav, Track 12 is real lovely, and cherry wine, love amy winehouse on the track nothing like paying $$ for a album and it was worth every dime, love it when an album exceeds my expectations!
    #lifeisgood
    realwomanville

15. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM

1) Stillmatic
    2) illmatic
    3) It was Written
    4) God Son
    5) Lost Tapes

BxNative

16. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Illmatic.
    www.ianous.com

17. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Lost Tapes

18. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

My favourite album is probably illmatic with Life is Good second and Distant Relatives Third

19. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Illmatic, Pre-Illmatic, I Am, God's Son, Stillmatic, It Was Written, Nastradamus, Lost Tapes, Untitled & Life IS Good - in that order.

20. Re: Your Favorite Nas album?

Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

TOP 3:

Stillmatic

Illmatic

It Was Written

Newsletter Signup